Why donate to Elder Services?
Homepage-- Programs and Services -- Contact Information
For over 36 years, Elder Services has been helping Berkshire seniors to continue to live in their own homes with dignity and independence by providing the in-home services and supports that they need. Elder Services serves more than 10,000 seniors, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities a year.
Thereís no place like
homeÖespecially as we grow older. Home is full of wonderful memories. Itís
safe and secure. Most of us would prefer to continue to live in our own
homes for as long as possible, but aging isnít always easy. The passage of
time often brings unwanted changes in health and well-being. Eyesight fades,
hearing diminishes, and mobility can become impaired. Activities as simple
as bathing and dressing require motor skills and stamina that many of the
seniors we serve no longer possess.
The typical senior served in our Home Care and Meals on Wheels programs is between the ages 75 and 90, female, widowed, living alone, and on a fixed, limited income. When Berkshire seniors can no longer:
● prepare hot meals, we provide Meals on Wheels.
● bathe and dress independently, we provide assistance with personal care.
● clean their own homes, we provide homemaking and laundry assistance.
● drive, we arrange transportation to medical appointments.
● do their own grocery shopping, we offer volunteer shoppers.
● write checks and pay bills, we provide Money Management assistance.
● live alone, we offer supportive housing services.
State and federal funding only goes so far in making these essential services available to Berkshire seniors. We need your help. Wonít you take a few minutes and make out a check to Elder Services for whatever amount you can afford to give?
Thank you. Because we are a private non-profit agency, your donation to Elder Services of Berkshire County, Inc. is tax-deductible, and is much appreciated!
Please click the links below for more information on specific types of giving.
Elder Independence Appeal
Meals on Wheels
Elder Care Fund