Options Counseling is a program free to seniors and adults with disabilities. It is dedicated to providing unbiased information and support to individuals living in the community when making long term planning decisions. Options Counselors can provide information on topics such as: housing, benefits, long-term care, community supports, and more. Contact Elder Services at (800) 544-5242 or (413) 499-0524 for more information.
Who We Help
Whether you’re at home, in a hospital, or in a long-term care or rehab facility, you need to make decisions about your future. You may have a lot of questions about topics like housing options, in-home services, public benefits, home modifications, ways to pay for things you need, community resources, and more. Our trained counselors have a person-centered approach and can help you identify and sort through your options, so you can make informed choices or decisions.
- People aged 60 and over
- People under age 60 with a disability
- Family members and caregivers
What We Do
- Discussion to explore options in our community including settings, programs, services, funding options, etc.
- Unbiased information about long-term care services and support
- Support individuals with making their own decisions about long-term care
- Offer options for the support you need to remain at home
- Help determine the next steps you need to take
- Phone or in-person counseling session